Monday, April 4, 2011

It's my own damn fault.

I'm a little tired and a little cranky. Sleep deprived...if you will.
The boy and husband are already asleep. And I'm jealous. And it's only 8:30 pm Missouri time.

{Which could actually be the topic of another post, on another day.}~~~We need soooo badly to get this family on a later sleep schedule! But between my hubby & I's work schedule, early sleep is necessary if we are going to get any sleep at all. But, another part of me say that we HAVE TO START keeping this child up later than 7 pm! But, But, But. I know! It's a tug of war over here. Practicality--or--Socialbility?? We realize that once my soccer begins again, and once spring & summer arrive FOR GOOD we will definitely be out & awake much later than 7pm...so I'm thinking that I've got to get P.J. used to it!!! Ugh. I'll figure it out. We will see how he fairs in a few weeks when the hubby and I take him to a Cardinal game--Just our little family--First pitch? 7:15.

Anyhow...one would think if I needed so much sleep that I would have worked dilegently over this past weekend to catch up on it, right? Since it was a four-day weekend for one of us. Ahem.

Wrong.


I mean, we've had a CAAAAARAZY-busy last four days...with my weekend starting on Thursday because of the Cardinals opening day...then visting with great friends on Friday night, then attending my brother & sister's softball tournament on Saturday....then hanging with some really cool work friends that night and then MAJORLY cleaning the house on Sunday~~how could we find time to sleep? Sunday I could've slept all day damn. I probably would have too, if Patrick didn't have to get to work at FIVE AM!!! So since I was awake and felt like I was barely home at all, I rock n' rolled. I'm talking FOUR loads of laundry, polishing, cleaning the kitchen floor AND getting the rest of my donation clothes bagged up and dropped off at the local Goodwill. Oh! And I hit two different grocery stores on the way home. And then cooked dinner. And then did the dishes. SIGH.

Sooo, today-the first day of the BUSIEST time of the month for me at work-didn't exactly go as planned. I had PLANNED on getting to work at 5 am to catch up my desk from being out 2 days last week. So I set the alarm at 3:45 am.

I woke up.
Then it started pouring down rain.....practically my favorite lullabye.
So I went back to sleep until 6 am.

I needed it. Suuuue me.

But then getting to work (on time) at 7 made me feel SOOO behind all day. I'm normally in the office no later than 6...so I dragged ass all day. I handled what I needed to handle, and perhaps just a little more...but I felt off kilter. Not my best day. I had no mojo, if you will.

And you know what I've concluded?

So when I Mitch & Boan about how tired I am...?

I've concluded that it's my own damn fault.

~I work hard and I play hard. And it's not-likely to get any better before the kiddo starts school....so I might as well stop longing for sleep...I imagine I won't miss it that much if I just forget about it!~

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about keeping baby boy up until you need to. I haven't seen him in a while, but I hear that he is a happy and laid back little guy, so I bet he will just roll with it. Trust me, BBZ had a 7pm bedtime for a while but would happily stay up late if we had something going on. Boy do I miss those days! Getting him in bed before 8:30pm these days is a fight! Enjoy your evenings while you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Anna, I would just worry about it when the time comes. It's easier to keep them up later when you are out and about when they are distracted. It's alot harder to start something like that at home in your usual setting. I have come to learn though, that everything I worry about as far as the munchkin is concerned usually ends up working itself out much easier then I thought it would.

    ReplyDelete