Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Guest Blog #5 "St. Patrick's Day To-Do List"



This being one of my favorite holidays and being part Irish, over the years I have compiled a check list of things I must accomplish on St. Patrick's Day. Actually, from the parade on Saturday up until St. Paddy's Day. You're probably wondering what criteria a holiday must have to be one of my favorites. It's easy, lots of drinking and lots of eating. So here goes the list of St. Me Day accomplishments, feel free to compare it to your own and/or read it with an Irish accent:

1. Participate in a parade run. Check

2. Drink my weight in Guiness. Check

3. Eat enough corned beef and cabbage/ruebens to fumigate an office building with my ass. Check. Sorry Kelly (sp)

4. Talk with an Irish accent until I annoy even myself. Check

5. When someone asks "How you doin'?" Reply, "Irish I were drunker". Check

6. Watch Boondock Saints (I & II) and wish I was one of the brothers. Check

7. Pretend I know the words to O' Danny Boy and sing it loudly. Check

8. Dig out all of the St. Paddy's Day garb for the wifey. Check

And best of all:
9. Get really, really, super sauced. CHEERS!

There it is, The List. It is however, subject to modification as I see fit because sometimes when I'm drunk I think of and do really awesome stuff, just ask me. You can tell me your top thing to do for St. Paddy's Day and maybe I'll add it to my list next year. Happy St. Me Day everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment