Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's a 'Family Tradition'.....now

What up Cardinal Nation! Today is Opening Day for The St. Louis Cardinals, and in true traditional form~I am off work Today and Tomorrow. You know..a day to party and then a day to recoup.

I haven't missed an Opening Day since I was like 18. I didn't even miss last year when I was pregnant. See?



Side Note #1: That's a Busch N.A. in my hand. A FAKE beer. I was preggers, silly!

Side Note #2: When tagging this post, I realized I already had a 'Cards' label saved...so if you'd like to read more about my Pregnant Party last year..you can read it in my April 13th, 2010 post. Since I can't link to anything, I have to direct you that way.
Side Note #2a SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME link to things. I see the 'insert link' button...but it doesn't put it in my blog! :(

Side Note #3 On the topic of my fun shirt~that child was/is sure to be a fan for life. At 7 weeks old we took him to a game. Let me repeat. S.e.v.e.n. W.e.e.k.s O.l.d. *See photo op below* We did this b/c we had the good fortune of having a Suite to sit in, without having to bother with the elements, or crowded seats. Little Lucky Duck!~~speaking of which, his second game that he will attend before he is ONE is mid-April..and we have Redbird Club tickets for that.~~ Suite and Club tickets?!?!...eh, I don't think you can be spoiled when it comes to sports.



For those wondering about the baby and today--we are having a "Date-Day", and P.J. will be spending the day with his grand-parents.

So anyway...back to the tradition part of this whole blog. I haven't missed one Opening Day since highschool---and my husband and I haven't missed one since we started dating in 2006.....ya know, (or maybe you don't) the year The Redbirds won the World Series!! So, needless to say-we are pumped for this party. A tradition that we've vowed to never miss. Rain or Shine (which are both in the forecast!)

I'll post some pics from the craziness that is sure to exist a tad later.

And Ya, it's THAT important for us to be amongst the sea of Red and White. To party with the diehards. To just be.



Where will you be?

2 comments:

  1. I'll be at work. Boo. BUT! We always have a party here at work, so the hotdogs are grillin' and the party will begin around lunchtime! Living in St. Louis rocks.
    You have to highlight what you want people to click on to follow the link. So use the mouse to highlight "click here" for example, then while it's highlighted, click on the "LINK" button next to the upload photo button. A box should pop up and you should be able to cut and paste the URL right there!
    Have fun today! By the way , can I borrow that Cardinals shirt for the season??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at work too... boo! I am jealous you are at the game! Have lots of fun for me :)

    ReplyDelete